[PLUG] JetDirect card in LaserJet 5

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 19 15:21:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, AthlonRob wrote:

> I would guess the interface on the printer itself probably has a means
> of changing the IP address.  Or, potentially, telnetting to it somehow.
> nmap the IP and see what all is open...

   Could be that there is one. I'll go look.

> Really, though, it might be easier if you just set up a DHCP server.
> They're pretty easy to maintain and make adding or removing machines
> from your LAN just that much easier.  :-)

   With the few nodes I have here? Static IP addresses have worked well the
past seven years. Once I get the printers configured, too, the setup is
stable for the next few years.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>