[PLUG] Gnome core library name(s)?

Alice Corbin ali at axian.com
Sun Sep 19 17:15:03 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 11:08:10AM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   When I installed Slackware I deliberately left out KDE and Gnome. However,
> in order to get gnucash running again I need the gnome core libraries. When
> I look through the file list for gnome packages on the slack cdrom I don't
> see a 'libcore' or anything like that.
>
>   I know that several of you use gnome. I'd greatly appreciate a pointer to
> the core libraries I need to install in order to run gnucash. And, no, I
> can't run 'ldd gnucash' until I get it installed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

One trick is to plug the name of the file that rpm says you need into
rpmfind.net and see what packages provide it.

Or you can run 'rpm -qRp somePackage.rpm' to get the whole bloody list
of dependencies, both met and unmet.

You can also run 'rpm -qp --provides somePackage.rpm' to see what a
given package provides.

I'm guessing that you're going to need a few gnome packages.  If you
have a gnome-libs, install that and try gnucash again to see if you
get any further.

Ali