[PLUG] Gnome core library name(s)?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 19 17:42:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Alice Corbin wrote:

> One trick is to plug the name of the file that rpm says you need into
> rpmfind.net and see what packages provide it.

Ali,

   Then I'd need to run the file through rpm2tgz. I'm building from source if
I cannot locate a Slackware package that has it.

> I'm guessing that you're going to need a few gnome packages.  If you have
> a gnome-libs, install that and try gnucash again to see if you get any
> further.

   I have a gnome-x.x.x which is the "core" libraries. I grep'd all the
packages for 'gnome-config' and found nothing. On my google search I turned
up a bunch of messages with the same problem: missing gnome-config holding
up configuration of some package. Didn't see any solutions, though. I also
tried to search the gnome.org Web site but didn't see a search widget or any
indications of where gnome-config might be hiding.

   Gnucash does OK, but it has so many dependencies on things that no other
application I use uses it's rather a PITA to get it re-installed on the new
platform. Sigh.

Many thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)