[PLUG] For those who used WordPerfect

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 20 06:27:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, AthlonRob wrote:

> I think a lot of folks still remember the shortcuts, as well, or would be
> reminded, given the chance.  :-)

Rob,

   I started with WP-4.0/DOS in April, 1984 and used it on linux (WP/8) until
the upgrade from the 2.0 kernel with libc5 to the 2.2 kernel with libc6.
That's 18 years of using the application in character mode (but on linux
most of the keystroke shortcuts worked just fine). It was a highly
productive tool for me. I heartily dislike having to remove my hands from
the keyboard to manipulate the trackball just to activate some menu item or
dialog box widget.

   This situation is a great example of what I've been saying for years:
while all progress involves change, not all change involves progress.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>

P.S. Does your school want the computer system or do I find another home for
it?

R.