[PLUG] JD Card

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 20 14:20:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Cory Meisch wrote:

> Yes, you can telnet into JetDirect Cards. Download JetAdmin or WebJetAdmin
> to configure your JetDirect servers.

Cory,

   Thank you very much. I have it all set up from the front panel so I'll
save a 40.6M download for when I need it. It's interesting that you have
this only for RH 9 and SuSE; no source tarball for those of us running other
distributions.

   However, while I have your eyeballs, I have questions about firmware
upgrades. In the 6+ years I've had the LJ5 I keep asking why I cannot get a
firmware upgrade that runs on linux. One of the product folks admitted that
it was a bit silly to have a printer they'd sell with a HP-UX system but
which could not be upgraded from there.

   So, is there a way to upgrade printer (LJ5 and Prof. Ser. 2500C) and
JetDirect card firmware from a linux box?

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>