[PLUG] JD Card

Daggett, Steve Steve.Daggett at fiserv.com
Mon Sep 20 15:58:02 PDT 2004

Rich Shepard wrote:

>    So, is there a way to upgrade printer (LJ5 and Prof. Ser.
> 2500C) and JetDirect card firmware from a linux box?

  There used to be a way to do it via SNMP.  You would use the "snmpset"
command to identify a tftp server address and the bin file.  The last
snmpset command would command the printer to load the file.

  I used to do it from a Solaris machine many years ago when I needed to
install new software and fonts.  I don't know if it works with the LJ5.

Steve D...