[PLUG] Proper way to add a networked printer -- RESOLVED!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 21 08:22:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Cory Meisch wrote:

> Enter the correct device URI. This should be something similar to
>     socket://192.168.1.100:9100

Cory,

   Well! Apparently using 'socket' works while using 'ipp' or 'lpr' doesn't.
According to the SAM, the syntax is for the hostname, not IP address. Don't
know if it matters, but I have: socket://lj5:9100/ and ... it's working!

   Also, instead of using a PS defintition for the printer I use the
PrintPro-4.4 for the LJ5. One configuration is for the duplexer active, the
other for the duplexer inactive (A/P checks don't do well when printed
two-sided).

   Thanks to all of you. I have confidence that the Series 2500C will be
easier to get going now that I have this experience under my belt. (It's a
tight fit there, but I squeezed it in.)

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>