[PLUG] Strange output by ntop...

Darkhorse plug_0 at goose.robinson-west.com
Tue Sep 21 11:24:02 PDT 2004

I'm wondering what sit0 is when do ifconfig -a on my new 2.6 system?

I'm getting a mac address of 00:48:54:70:EB:41 showing up
which I haven't been able to track down.  NTOP says there's
a non ip protocol called NULL LSAP looking at host stats
for it.  There are a lot of unknown protocol warnings about
ip protocol 0x0.

Ntop isn't showing any ip for this MAC and it considers it
local.  Any ideas on how to track the source of this down?
Running ntop on another box, I haven't seen this MAC there.
I'm starting to wonder if it's a dhcp request for sit0.

  Michael Robinson