[PLUG] Strange output by ntop...

Michael Robinson plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Tue Sep 21 14:43:01 PDT 2004

Paul Mullen wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:20:32AM -0700, Darkhorse wrote:
>

>>I'm wondering what sit0 is when do ifconfig -a on my new 2.6 system?
>>

>---8<---
>

>>Any ideas on how to track the source of this down?
>>

>I like to use this great search engine called "Google" when I have a
>question that needs answering. Searching for "linux 2.6 sit0 interface"
>brings up several links that would lead one to believe the sitX
>interfaces have something to do with IPv6 tunneling over IPv4 networks.
>
><http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+2.6+sit0+interface&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&start=30&sa=N>
>
>Paul

It would have been nice if the instructions I had found on how to
upgrade Redhat 9 to a 2.6 kernel mentioned
a few things.  I've noticed that iptraf for example doesn't work
anymore.  It's easy to put a 2.6 kernel on Redhat
9, but it isn't so easy to figure out what's going to break.  I've
decided to try replacing my Redhat 9 with Fedora
Core 1.  I can't get my ASUS CRW-5232AS drive to work short of upgrading
to a more recent system
anyways.  I want to see if maple 9.02 works in Fedora.  I managed to get
ntop working at least.  I'd say Redhat
9 isn't work if you don't already have it, it just has too many serious
bugs.