[PLUG] Configuring virtual win98 drive

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 21 16:49:02 UTC 2004

   Within vmware the virtual win98 used to find E:\salmo\winstuff on
/mnt/usr2/winstuff. On the new installation it's on /data2/winstuff.

   I've looked in /etc/vmware/vmnet1/etc/smb.conf and changed the path there.
Now I'm trying to find where I can make this change within the virtual
winduhs machine. On the toolbar, under "Tools", I can see E:\\SALMO\WINSTUFF
but I cannot find where I repoint that to the linux mount point.

   A number of you use winduhs systems so I'd appreciate a pointer where to
change this so the virtual machine can exchange data with the real machine.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>