[PLUG] Configuring virtual win98 drive

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Tue Sep 21 22:00:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 16:50, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    Within vmware the virtual win98 used to find E:\salmo\winstuff on
> /mnt/usr2/winstuff. On the new installation it's on /data2/winstuff.
>
>    I've looked in /etc/vmware/vmnet1/etc/smb.conf and changed the path there.
> Now I'm trying to find where I can make this change within the virtual
> winduhs machine. On the toolbar, under "Tools", I can see E:\\SALMO\WINSTUFF
> but I cannot find where I repoint that to the linux mount point.
>
>    A number of you use winduhs systems so I'd appreciate a pointer where to
> change this so the virtual machine can exchange data with the real machine.

I hate to admit it, but I think I know the answer to this one.  Just
open up the "Network Neighborhood" on the '98 desktop, and browse to the
folder that you want as your E: drive and right click on it.  "Map
Network Drive" should be a little more than 1/2 way down the list.
Select the drive letter and the check box for reconnecting at login.

Good Luck,

Derek Loree