[PLUG] Wanted to Introduce Myself

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Sep 22 10:06:02 PDT 2004

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> writes:

>>>>> "Keely" == Keely Willoughby <keely at qwest.net> writes:
Keely> Getting a brand new iBook soon & will be slapping Yellow Dog on
Keely> it (can't wait as I love Yellow Dog)

Randal> I don't understand the motivation here.  iBooks come with a
Randal> *fine* *usable* version of Unix already.  All you'll be doing
Randal> is creating yourself a world of hurt.

Dan Young had some kind of snazzy new mac laptop at the clinic last
weekend on which he had some debian-based distribution (some african
word I can't remember) installed and he reported not hurting, in fact
"just working" IIRC.  I know I have at least one of those details
wrong, but I am pretty sure it is the name of the distributon, which I
can't recall correctly right now.  Whether I have more things wrong is
an open question.  E.g., it was snazzy, but was it a mac?  I think so.

seniorr at aracnet.com