[PLUG] Re: Web Mail Programs

Mel Andres mel97215 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 10:07:02 PDT 2004

Alice Corbin wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 08:56:29PM -0700, Mike Witt wrote:
>
>>The end result is that I'm now using SquirrelMail. It seems to be
>>working okay so far, and was able to use my existing hierarchy
>>of mail directories.
>>
>>Now I'd like to find a nice web-based shared calendar program. But
>>I suppose I should ask about that in a new thread, after checking
>>on SourceForge
>>

> I haven't tried it, but I did notice recently that Mozilla has come up
> with a calendar project:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/
>
> Ali

I've messed with it a bit. The Standalone calendar, Sunbird is not quite
ready for prime time. In my case, the week of the year is displayed
along the left edge, but the day of the month can't been seen. There are
extensions for Thunderbird (mail client), and Firefox. The Firefox
extension works fine, but the Thunderbird extension looks the same as
Sunbird. All of them have the ability to be shared if you have a remote
calendar to subscribe to. As I don't know of any remote calendars, and
my employer hasn't come up with a better solution, I use my Yahoo
calendar for sharing my schedule, etc.

   Mel