[PLUG] Serial ATA (SATA)

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Sep 22 11:44:01 PDT 2004

Not sure if this has been addressed here before and a yea or nay is great
as I can search the archives later today.

   I'm looking for more information on SATA -- kind of a "SATA for
Managers" thingy.  As some background I just purchased a SATA card and two
drives based on speed claims.  (No, I'm not interested in any lake front
property :-)  Now I need to determine which SATA options I should
enable/use particulary as this relates to using the SATA or legacy power
connections.  My drives came with both.  SATA requires a new PS, legacy
doesn't.

TIA,
Rod