[PLUG] Wanted to Introduce Myself

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Wed Sep 22 15:53:02 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 04:21:52AM -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Keely>  Getting a brand new iBook soon & will be
> Keely> slapping Yellow Dog on it (can't wait as I love Yellow Dog)
>
> I don't understand the motivation here.  iBooks come with a *fine*
> *usable* version of Unix already.

Indeed.  And for that matter, why run Linux on a Sun, SGI, PA-RISC,
NUMA-Q or iSeries?  Obviously, there are a lot of wrong-headed people
in this world. ;)

And then there's that perfectly-good OS most PCs come with...

> All you'll be doing is creating yourself a world of hurt.

You know this from experience, or just speculating?

Maybe I just missed the smiley,
  Aaron