[PLUG] Wanted to Introduce Myself

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Wed Sep 22 21:10:02 UTC 2004

Russell Senior wrote:

> Russell> Dan Young had some kind of snazzy new mac laptop at the
> Russell> clinic last weekend on which he had some debian-based
> Russell> distribution (some african word I can't remember) installed
> Russell> [...]
>
> Ah, here it is:
>
>   <http://www.ubuntulinux.org/>

Right!

I'm late to the party here. It was Ubuntu (Ooh-boon-too?) I had at the
clinic, which is a neat project doing time-based releases of a Debian
derivative. They're shipping GNOME 2.8 and some of the freedesktop.org
bits (dbus/hal/etc).

Debian et al aren't my bag, but it's neat and previews some cool stuff
coming to a desktop near you.

--
Dan Young
Parkrose School District