[PLUG] Re: Linux on Apple - the movie

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Sep 24 09:11:02 UTC 2004

OSX vs Yellowdog:  I tend to agree with Randal, about using software
that is popular enough to attract some development.  I did not switch
from BSD to Linux until it looked like there was sufficient development
to permit me to get my work done.

However, there are good reasons for people to push the less
popular platforms.  It helps keep the developers of the popular
platforms honest.  If OSX has any particular disadvantage that
Yellowdog lacks, the example makes it very difficult for OSX
apologists to claim that the disadvantage is inescapable.
Successful alternatives spotlight laziness and corruption.  I am
glad there are those with the vision to pursue these alternatives.
(Like Perl, when it was mostly a gleam in Larry Wall's eye ...)

To end on a lighter note, here is a short video made by someone
with a love/hate relationship with their Mac:

http://www.thehoucks.com/happynowhere/Apple_Switch_Parody_DivX.avi

Keith