[PLUG] hadware recommendations wanted

John Meissen john at meissen.org
Fri Sep 24 15:32:02 UTC 2004

I'm sure there are lots of opinions here... :-)

I'm putting together a system for my neighbors, and am looking for a
reasonable case/power supply. We were down at Fry's this afternoon
(I know many people don't like them, but I have no problems with
them) and they certainly have a selection of cases. But for the
most part they're geared towards the gamer. Things like see-through
sides, fancy lights, ridiculous molded plastic covers, etc.

All I want is a basic, reasonable mid-tower case, either with no
power supply or at least a 400W supply with QUIET fans. Antec used
to make some nice cases, but the only reasonable one Fry's had was
a full-tower.

So a recommendation on a) a brand/style of case, and b) a source for
same would be greatly appreciated.

john-