[PLUG] KVM Shifts Colors on Monitor

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 25 07:11:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Aaron Burt wrote:

> Unfortunately, just better VGA cables, better KVM or a lower-frequency
> video refresh rate.  If you're running 85 Hz, go down to 72 or 70. One
> reason I like the Belkin SOHO KVMs is that they come with really good
> cables.

Aaron,

   Thanks. I assume that LinkSys uses good quality cables and the monitor is
running at 75 Hz. What's funny is that this morning the shift's gone away
again. I suspect it may be a lag when shifting from one machine to the other
and after awhile the colors drift back into registration.

   I don't yet know how often I'll be switching between the two. I suspect
that it will not be frequently.

> Ida know.  The manual and online support don't say?  Definitely something
> to pester Linksys about.  The color thing, too.

   Bought on eBay; no manual. This is a discontinued model so I doubt LinkSys
cares at all. I'll check google, however.

   Thanks very much.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>