[PLUG] Learning where eth0 went

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 25 09:54:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Kenneth G. Stephens wrote:

> What does ifconfig give you?

Ken,

   How strange! ifconfig does not show the IP address, netmask or broadcast
addresses. Wait, ...

   Hokay. I just re-ran /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 (while the interface is up) and
that re-read rc.inet1.conf so it picked up the IP addresses. I _thought_ I
had re-run the network configurator a couple of times before.

   Well, now it's working so I'll return you to your regularly scheduled
Saturday as I gather a truckload of stuff to take to Free Geek.

Many thanks, Ken!

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>