[PLUG] Upgrade X server and keyboard module is no longer seen

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 25 15:09:02 PDT 2004

   I just upgraded from x.org-6.7 to -6.8.0 to see if it would allow VMware
to go into full-screen mode. When I tried to startx the server load failed
because it could not find the core keyboard module. That's confirmed by
/var/log/X.org.

   However, the core keyboard module section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf has not
changed from the prior version and that section is still there. I don't see
why the error was generated. I can post the pertinent segments of the conf
and log files if that would help.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)