[PLUG] Any Samba experts here?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 25 17:51:01 UTC 2004

   I'm rather stymied in being able to map a virtual win98 drive within
VMware. It keeps asking for a password for that share. I try both my linux
login password and my virtual-win98 login password and both are rejected.

   I ran 'mksmbpassword.sh' to copy /etc/shadow to /etc/samba/ in a form that
samba is supposed to be able to read. However, the virtual machine can't
seem to find a password it likes.

   If you have experience with winduhs networking with samba, please contact
me with any thoughts or suggestions. This and full-screen mode with VMware
are the last two fixes I need to be back in full production mode.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>