[PLUG] Adding extensions to firefox

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Sat Sep 25 18:09:01 PDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 02:38:22PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Trying to install the adblock plugin, I click on the 'install' button. The
> progress bar widget in the lower, right corner speeds along, but ... there's
> nothing there. I cannot 'find' an adblock*xpi on the hard drive. It's not
> listed as an extension when I look on the tools menu.

Firefox has a Preferences setting regarding "let web sites install
software" (or something similar) that must be selected in order for
XPI packages to install automatically. That'd be the first thing I'd
check.

Also, I don't think the .xpi file itself ever gets placed on disk (at
least not somewhere the average user would look).

Paul