[PLUG] Any Samba experts here?

Evan Heidtmann clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com
Sat Sep 25 19:49:01 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 17:51, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I'm rather stymied in being able to map a virtual win98 drive within
> VMware. It keeps asking for a password for that share. I try both my linux
> login password and my virtual-win98 login password and both are rejected.

What security mode is your samba server running in? What file is listed
as your smb passwd file? What share are you trying to mount? Does that
share exist in smb.conf? What config information do you have for that
share in smb.conf?

If the only purpose of this Samba server is to transfer files to your
virtual machine, you chould just make a public share with no password.

Evan