[PLUG] KVM Shifts Colors on Monitor

techmage at aracnet.com techmage at aracnet.com
Sun Sep 26 13:33:02 PDT 2004

Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote :

> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 techmage at aracnet.com wrote:
>
> &gt; Okay, found my User guide for kvm ps/2 which should be the same as yours,
> &gt; if yours uses ps/2 connections to your kybrd and mse. Anything in
> &gt; particular?
>
> Harry,
>
>    Anything in there about color shifts on the monitor?

It mentions using high quality cables for optimum video display.
also it mentions IBM Thinkpad and Toshiba laptops by name as being extra
sensitive to mouse/keyboard configurations. It says to not connect one or the
other when using the KVM to switch between other machines and these laptops.
Meaning only the mouse or keyboard for the laptops.

other when using the KVM to switch between other machines and these laptops. It
mentions disabling powersaving features, as it may cause the keyboard and mouse
to become useless when the machine goes into sleep mode.

to become useless when the machine goes into sleep mode. There is also a mention
to use cables shorter than 6 feet i length as it may cause screen distortion, as
well as keyboard or muse problems.
well as keyboard or muse problems. Maximum resolution is 1920X1440 @ 85Hz. But
that's optimal using special sheilded cables(part number SVPS06)

> &gt; As an Antique?
>
>    No, a collectable. Or, and advanced Etch-A-Sketch(R) for PHBs.
>
> Rich
This help?

Harry