[PLUG] DJB's Caching DNS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 27 15:33:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Ian Burrell wrote:

> It is a problem with all of Bernstein's software.  I am pretty sure it has
> been pointed out to him but he hasn't released fixed versions.

   From what I have read he's rather arrogant and aloof. Those who are
isolated in the Ivory Towers of Academe tend to become that way. I write
from experience -- not me but those with whom I work on the state's science
team.

> I have never heard of the problem with Apache.  That may be a sympton of a
> deeper build problem.

   There was a reference to it when I did my search for error.h patches.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>