[PLUG] A mail question

Brian Benson brian.maillists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 19:45:03 UTC 2004

Rich, it sounds like qpopper isn't running or you've got some iptables
blocking the conection.

First check if salmo is listening for pop on tcp port 110.

brian at ibook:~$ netstat -ln | grep 110
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:110             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

if its there then you got an iptables problem.
if not then check /etc/inetd.conf (or xinetd) and make sure qpopper
isnt commented out.

pop-3           stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/in.qpopper -f /etc/qpopper.conf

good luck,
-Brian