[PLUG] What are the best Mozilla Plugins? (correction)

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Sep 27 22:40:04 PDT 2004

Hello - I just updated to Mozilla 1.7.3 as per recent security
warnings.

(Note deleted about crashes - stupid installer trick.
libjavaplugin_oji.so  needed to be a symlink, which did not get
passed in the simple cp from older plugins to new - duh!  So this
message morphs to:)

I am using the following plugins with Mozilla:
    libjavaplugin_oji.so ( 1.4.2_05 )
    libflashplayer.so ( 6.0 r79 )
    plugger.so   ( 5.1.3 )
    rpnp.so ( 8.0 ) (yes, I know 10 is available, but I do not have
                     time to read another EULA if I don't need to)

This is on one Fedora Core 1 system and 2 Redhat 9 systems.

Still, even after fixing the crashes, I am interested in using the
best performing plugins.  For example,  which Java runtime environment?
( Sun | IBM | Blackdown )??  Should I be using mozplugger instead?
Other plugins enhancing my por\\\ fine animation viewing pleasures?

What are other folks using for plugins for Mozilla?

Keith