[PLUG] Upgrade to Mozilla 1.7.3 *now*

Steven Raymond stever at woo-hoo.com
Tue Sep 28 11:18:02 UTC 2004

Roderick A. Anderson said:
>> I didn't bother with the rpm, there was a gzipped tarbar available on
>> the front page or mozilla.org.  Once extracted it's pretty much
>> self-installing into its own directory.
>
> Yeah I've done that before but I'm hoping to keep my systems RPM'd.
>

> Rod

You know, it seems that the installer does indeed install an RPM.  You
just run the install script and now it is in my rpm database (maybe this
was obvious to everyone else):

$ rpm -qa | grep firefox
firefox-0.9.3-0.fdr.4

The Mozilla home page seems to autodetect your distribution.  I suspect
that you could dig around to specify the installer to download.

--
"But thinking is always sooo difficult....."
    Winnie The Pooh