[PLUG] Firewire and RH 9

Fedor Pikus fedorp at wv.mentorg.com
Thu Sep 30 08:31:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Robert McIntosh wrote:
> Is anyone running RH9 with a 2.4.20 kernel and a firewire PCI card?  Any
> problems?  Did you have to rebuild the kernel or load modules?
I used to run this kernel. It's ok for some cards and devices, but a more
recent snapshot of Firewire modules must be compiled into the kernel for
some other devices, I'm pretty sure it includes the SCSI emulation module
which you will need.
--
                                  Fedor G. Pikus
Mentor Graphics Corporation         | Phone: (503) 685-4857