[PLUG] postfix/amavis per recipient bypass of content filter?

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Thu Sep 30 12:13:02 PDT 2004

I'm having a problem receiving a large(~4 MB) email.  I have a
relatively slow machine running our mailserver.  It is running postfix
and amavisd in a before-queue content filter setup.  When it receives
the large email, it takes a long time for amavis to decode the parts of
the message.  The sender(a yahoo mailserver) times out(~160 seconds)
before amavis can finish decoding the parts.  I've tried adding the
following to my amavis.conf file.

@bypass_virus_checks_acl = qw( galens at seitzassoc.com );
@bypass_banned_checks_acl = qw( galens at seitzassoc.com );
@bypass_spam_checks_acl = qw( galens at seitzassoc.com );

This speeded up processing, but it's still too slow.  What would be useful,
but doesn't exist as far as I know, is a bypass_decode_parts_acl variable.

Ideas?  Is it possible to have postfix bypass amavis based on the
recipient or other rules?  While I should just tell the person to use
ftp, I'd like to see if I can make this work.

thanks,
galen