[PLUG] Amazon.Com

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Sep 30 14:23:02 PDT 2004

I remember a year or so ago Amazon.Com got itself into a bit _trouble_
with it's privacy policy.  I don't remember all the details but it seemed
Amazon took the position it could do what it wanted with customers
information that didn't violate any actual laws.

So here I am looking for some books and there is a brand new Borders book
store a couple of miles from my house (heck everything is a couple of
miles from my house) but when I look on-line I see Borders and Amazon have
some kind of deal.

Does Amazon still take the stand it can do as it pleases with my e-mail
address?

Rod