[PLUG] Things for free

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu Sep 30 20:40:03 UTC 2004

I'm moving and need to purge some of my unnecessary junk to lighten my
load.  So I'm getting rid of stuff, some of which people here might
want:

  o A DECstation 3100.  This was the fastest workstation on the market
in 1989.  Complete with all-original monochrome monitor, puck mouse, and
keyboard.  Used to run NetBSD/pmax just fine, but doesn't POST anymore--
it's been sitting in my garage and has gathered some dust.  Would make a
fine addition to your computer museum or your stone souper-computer with
a little TLC.

  o A complete set of Bell Technologies System V/386 3.2 UNIX.  Several
boxes of 5.25" floppies and some nice manuals.  I might even have a
5.25" floppy drive I could throw in, if I can find it.

  o A 19" IBM (Sony Trinitron) monitor from an RS/6000; a Matrox video
card.  This is a fixed-frequency monitor and needs special X{Free,.org}
modelines, but it does reportedly work and the configs are available.  I
got it from a friend but never used it, so it might no longer work;
caveat emptor.

  o A not-too-old Canon copies that always wants paper.  No idea if it's
repairable or not.

  o Some monitors, some old keyboards (including some Mac and Sun), and
other random odd bits.

  o I also have some oldish Sun documentation on SunOS in binders.
It'll probably go out in the mornings trash & recycling unless someone
speaks up.

Items are in inner SE Portland; you haul, I don't have time.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc