[PLUG] Evince and Fonts

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Wed Jun 1 15:43:36 UTC 2011

I'm looking at a data sheet for a transistor with Evince, and it's
rendering Greek letters incorrectly.  Lower case mu is rendering as an
infinity symbol, and upper case omega as a vertical line.  Fortunately
there aren't any others in there to confuse me, at least at the moment.

Presumably this is because the font used isn't stored in the pdf, and
whatever is default on Ubuntu 10.04 is different from whatever is
default on Windows.

Has anyone else seen this effect?  Is there a way to fix or work around it?

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services