[PLUG] grub issue - solved ??

Bruce Kilpatrick kd7vvk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 20:54:02 UTC 2011

On 05/24/2011 07:32 PM, MJang wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 17:01 -0700, Bruce Kilpatrick wrote:
>> This should be a simple Google search, but I must not be using the
>> correct syntax.
>>
>> I was dual booting WinXP and Fedora 14.  I decided to install Debian 6
>> to a blank partition.  When all was said and done, I rebooted and, to my
>> surprise, no Debian in the boot menu.  I think Fedora uses Grub and
>> Debian uses Grub2.
>>
>> Can someone point me to something that will help me sort this out.
> While I like the Ubuntu documentation on the subject
> (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2 ), I've stuck with GRUB 0.97,
> because it's easier to configure and customize in a single configuration
> file.
>
> LMK if you'd like to see a copy of my grub.conf file, which is in a
> similar triple boot (RHEL 6/Ubuntu Lucid/W7).
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

All,

Thank you for the responses.
The issue came to a head when I figured out that my /home partition had
become corrupted (?).  Permissions were a problem, couldn't install
other distributions...fortunately, it didn't take too much copy time to
insure all files were to be had on the other laptop.
Formatting and a fresh install cured the ails.

Bruce