[PLUG] cinelerra on SuSE (or any video editing software)

Sam Hart criswellious at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 02:14:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM, David Fleck <david.fleck at mchsi.com> wrote:

> If anybody has any experience with this package that might shed light on
> what it is doing, or expects me to do, I'd be very grateful to hear it.
> Conversely, suggestions for other video editing software would be
> considered also.

When I last monkeyed with Cinelerra a couple of years ago (and in a
different distribution) I encountered quite a few problems as well.
Basically, I could never get it to work.

That being said, have you heard of Kdenlive?
http://www.kdenlive.org/

It has a *really* active development community, and worked for me "out
of the box". However, be aware it's not intended to be as feature rich
as something like Cinelerra. Also, I've no idea how many formats it
supports, or even if it supports the format you're looking to edit
(though, it also uses ffmpeg). But for basic editing, it seems to work
quite nicely.

                                      ---Sam