[PLUG] Looking for a Simple Way to Send SMS to a Group

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jun 16 00:56:53 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> writes:

Mark> I have a club softball team, and we are going to nationals at the
Mark> end of June. We communicate very well using an email list, but
Mark> when we are on the road not everyone has access to email. I am
Mark> looking for a simple way to

Mark> A. allow a member to send a broadcast SMS to everyone in the
Mark> group. Not all members have Internet services on their phone, so
Mark> email is not an option.  B. allow a member to send an sms to a
Mark> subset of the group, or an individual member of the group.

Oddly enough, this is the original purpose of Twitter... to burst SMS
messages.   It's just that most people don't use the SMS side of twitter
any more.  But you can public post, group post, or send individually by
SMSing the twitter server with prefix commands.

See http://support.twitter.com/groups/34-mobile/topics/123-mobile-basics/articles/14014-twitter-phone-faq