[PLUG] ubuntu 9.1 sound quit

Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. wevl at pacifier.com
Wed Jun 22 16:07:01 UTC 2011

Sound on a Ubuntu 9.1 disk quit some time back.  I think it quit after I
used the disk in a computer other than the one that I installed on. My
guess is that the wonderful world of automatic stuff attempted to adjust
to the other motherboard, could not, and has disabled the audio.

Every time I use that disk, I have to manually turn on the audio via
System->Preferences->Sound, uncheck the "Mute" box and slide the volume up.

Does anyone know if there is a file for audio configuration that one can
edit and fix this? How about completely eliminating the file so the
automatic stuff will recreate it?

Before telling me to just forget it and upgrade the installation or wipe
clean and reinstall (a Windows type solution, seems to me), I like 9.1
much better than 10.04 or 10.1.

Wayne