[PLUG] Kernel code reviews

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Jun 27 16:24:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> A friend is working on a product with some fairly deep hacks into
> the DMA portion of the Linux kernel.  He wants to help his guys make
> sure they are doing it right, technically, socially.
>
> I assume that among the mostly-corporate-employed geeks who work on
> that part of the kernel, there are some consultants he can bring in
> for code reviews.  Where should he start looking?

If you don't get a decent answer from PLUG (I don't have one), you
might try addressing that question to Jonathan Corbet, editor of LWN
and sometime kernel hacker: corbet at lwn.net.

Another avenue: Greg Kroah-Hartman lives in Portland or nearby, I
think. He maintains the -stable branch of the kernel. I think he's
employed by Novell, but I'd be surprised if he couldn't pass some
quality names your way: gregkh at suse.de.