[PLUG] Debian "repository" on large USB stick?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Wed Nov 7 16:49:31 UTC 2012

I've just read read the manpage of debmirror. It seems to
hint there may be a simple solution to my problem.

I *DO NOT* have good internet connectivity.
I *DO* have the 8 DVD set of Debian 6.0.5.
I want all of the deb files from the set on a 64GB flash
drive in a format/structure acceptable to apt-get or synaptic.

I'm currently wading through descriptions of the Debian
repository to be able to do it manually. I suspect there may
already be a suitable script.

Pointers please. TIA