[PLUG] Are "standard security procedures" an oxymoron?

Rich Burroughs rich at richburroughs.com
Tue Nov 20 12:09:11 PST 2012

If the industry is highly regulated, you may not have a ton of choice
in the matter. You may have audit requirements that need to be met
whether you like it or not for things like PCI or HIPAA.

I think defense in depth is a very important concept. A lot of people
do rely on the same products and solutions, that's true. Hopefully
your security design doesn't put you in a position where one
standardized hole leaves you too vulnerable.

Rich