[PLUG] Is it wise to add other DEs once Ubuntu 12.04 is installed?

C W elcaseti at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 21:39:27 UTC 2012

Is it wise to add other DEs once Ubuntu 12.04 is installed?

Hey Everybody,

I have a friend who installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on his work desktop PC.
He's spent the last month or more getting his PC set up the way he likes
it.  The problem is, he's having problems with Firefox that I'm not having
on KDE Mint 13 LTS.  Also, he's not liking Unity, in general.  He'd like to
add Kubuntu desktop, or another DE.  He's concerned that this might make
things more likely to break in the long run.  He might be right about
that.  He & I both like to err on the side of caution & stability, using
only LTS releases, & sticking with an install for years, putting a lot of
time & effort into setting up the computer just the way each one of us
likes it.  In other words, not the popular GNU/Linux geek bleeding edge
approach.  What do you all think?

Thanks,

Elcaset
--
Free Geek Seattle- Helping The Needy Get Nerdy
http://www.freegeekseattle.org/

K Desktop Environment- Experience Freedom & User Friendliness
http://kde.org/

Free Lossless Audio Codec
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Flac

Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at