[PLUG] Slightly OT: version/instance control on Mac software

nick nick at intronic.org
Mon Nov 26 00:02:23 PST 2012

.pkg files are actually .xar archives. This Stack Overflow post has the details on how to get at stuff inside of them:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11298855/osx-how-unpack-and-pack-pkg-file

Look for .plist files and see if there are tags inside of those that specify a specific OS version.

Do you know if CardScan actually needs a newer version of the OS (as opposed to an older app that might just freak out if it sees it's running on a newer version even though it may otherwise work OK)?