[PLUG] Wrong Screen Resolution after this morning's update

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Nov 30 15:49:04 PST 2012

I ran an update on Ubuntu 10.04 this morning. After if was finished it
required a reboot. After the reboot one of my two screens came up with
the wrong resolution -- sort of.

I'm running the NVIDIA driver, version 195.36.24. My video card supports
two monitors, one DVI, and one VGA. I recently got a second 1680 x 1050
monitor, and have them set up as "TwinView", which means that I can drag
the cursor from left to right and go from the left edge of the left
screen to the right edge of the right screen.

After the reboot this morning, I see an image on the left screen that
goes about halfway across, at which point the left edge of what's no the
right hand monitor is displayed. The correct image is displayed on the
right hand monitor. In other words, what is in the upper left corner of
the right hand monitor is also displayed in the upper left hand corner
of the far right quarter of the left hand monitor.

The NVIDIA X Server Settings too shows both monitors detected at the
correct resolution.

Any idea where to start looking for how to fix this so that each screen
has its own image displayed?

Thanks.

--
Regards,