[PLUG] New to the area, looking to expand my job-gaining-potential

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Fri Sep 13 16:18:57 PDT 2013

Tyrell,

Welcome to town and I hope to see you at meetings, eventually giving a
talk some day.

On 9/13/13 4:05 PM, Tyrell Jentink wrote:
> SO, here's the question:  RHCSA is a $400 test; RHCE is another $400.  Is
> it worth it? And with CompTIA A+, those, and my experience building my own
> systems, how difficult is it to get a Linux job in these parts?

I have not heard of certification coming up and like to think that
Portland companies are more... intuitive than that, but I won't knock
certification as a member of the BSD Certification Group. In tech-weak
climates, it can definitely set you apart and helps show initiative for
those who are right out of school and face the chicken and egg,
experience required/haven't worked yet scenario.

Michael