[PLUG] Ubuntu upgrade help

John Meissen john at meissen.org
Mon Sep 30 12:22:15 PDT 2013

kd7vvk at gmail.com said:

> On 09/30/2013 11:03 AM, John Meissen wrote:
> > Two more annoyances ....
> >
> > The panel at the bottom of the screen (WindowList) used to have an option to
> > "auto-hide". It doesn't do that anymore, and it's taking up valuable screen
> > real estate that I want back. I've checked every "configuration" and
> > "preferences" screen I can find. Any suggestions on how to restore that
> > feature?
> >
> > Also, now whenever I happen to move a window to the top of the screen it
> > automatically "maximizes" the window. Damnit, if I want Windows I'll run
> > Windows. :-( I can't imagine on what planet this might be useful. How
> > do I turn that off? If I want a window maximized I can do it myself.
>
> Right click on the lower panel.  Click panel options/panel settings.
> Then click more settings.  That should open up a pane that gives
> visibility settings including auto-hide.

If I right-click on the lower panel I get a single choice: "Preferences". That
opens a window with

  Window List Content
    o Show windows from currecnt workspace
    o Show windows from all workspaces

 Window Grouping
    o Never group windows
    o Group windows when space is limited
    o Always group windows

 Restoring Minimized Windows (disabled unless Show All is selected above)
    o Restore to current workspace
    o Restore to native workspace

That's it. No "panel options" or "panel settings". No "more settings" .