[PLUG] Ubuntu upgrade help

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Sep 30 13:06:12 PDT 2013

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:22:15 -0700
"John Meissen" <john at meissen.org> dijo:

>> Right click on the lower panel.  Click panel options/panel
>> settings. Then click more settings.  That should open up a pane that
>> gives visibility settings including auto-hide.
>>
>If I right-click on the lower panel I get a single choice:
>"Preferences". That opens a window with
>
>  Window List Content
>    o Show windows from currecnt workspace
>    o Show windows from all workspaces
>
> Window Grouping
>    o Never group windows
>    o Group windows when space is limited
>    o Always group windows
>
> Restoring Minimized Windows (disabled unless Show All is selected
> above) o Restore to current workspace
>    o Restore to native workspace
>
>That's it. No "panel options" or "panel settings". No "more settings" .

I don't use the same desktop as you, so my advice might be wrong. But
it seems to me that you clicked on one of the widgets (or applets, among
other names) that live in the panel, rather than clicking on the panel
itself . It can be tricky to find a spot on the panel that is not
occupied by a widget, but once you find one you should get the panel
options.

Or - better idea yet - drag the panel to the left (or right) of the
screen and make it wide enough to hold all the widgets that you want.
This will leave you with nothing at the top and bottom, giving you
maximum vertical real estate.

Or even better idea - install Xubuntu, and then move the panel to the
left or right.