[PLUG] Personal Cloud

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Fri Mar 11 23:34:27 UTC 2016

We run OwnCloud at work. It's great. One thing that's great for us is we
can share a file with a customer and set an expiration on it.

Brian

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Roderick Anderson <raanders42 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I run ownCloud on a RaspberryPI.  Uses a 32 GiB micro SD card in a SD to
> USB adapter for the ownCloud files.  And just the normal 8 GiB micro SD
> card for the OS.
>
> Works quite nice.  32 GiB is kind of small if you're going to put you
> video and music library on it :-) but is is 16 times more space than you
> get with a free DropBox account.  For moving and sharing files between
> phone, tablet, desktop and server it is pretty slick.
>

> Rod
> --
> On 03/11/2016 02:05 PM, Charles Sliger wrote:
> > Does anyone have experience with using a personal cloud box?
> > I'm thinking it might be a way to allow accessing email and other things
> > from multiple platforms (phone, tablet, desktop, etc), while keeping the
> > data on private systems.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert
Einstein