[PLUG] Resolved for now: Thunderbird or Firefox bug?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Mar 12 01:18:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, Dick Steffens wrote:

> It appears that something went amiss in Firefox. I tried to open something
> in a new tab and saw nothing. I decided to restart Firefox and got a
> warning that I was about to close six tabs. I only saw one, and there were
> no other instances of Firefox showing on the desktop or task bar. After
> restarting Firefox, clicking on a link in Thunderbird correctly opened a
> new tab in Firefox. Right clicking a link on a web page correctly opened
> the link in a new tab.
>
> So, I don't know what may have overloaded something in Firefox, but it
> appears to be working normally now.

Dick,

   I'm about as far from being a firefox expert as one can get on this
planet, but your situation might be analygous to my mailto: frustrations.
Specifically, how firefox is configured to respond when you click on a
Thunderbird link.

   If you have the inclination, perhaps a search for Thunderbird, web
browser, and similar terms in the about:config page will find a setting that
is incorrect for your use.

   You'll encounter terms that make no sense, but a duckduckgo.com search in
another tab will probably tell you just what it does.

Carpe weekend,