[PLUG] System 76 laptop display type

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:01:01 UTC 2016

I am considering a Lemur and a Gazelle.  Their descriptions of the displays
are less than satisfactory.  For the Lemur they say "

14.1″ 1920×1080 IPS, Matte Finish"  For the Gazelle, "15.6″ 1920×1080 LED
Backlit, Matte"  I inquired and was told that the Lemur was LED backlit
(good).  I asked if the Gazelle was IPS.  Was told "No. It's 15.6" 1080p
Full High Definition LED Backlit Display with Matte Surface"

My question is, if it is not IPS, what could it be?  Or was the response
from an ignorant drone?

Thanks,

-Denis